- The knowledge about type A and type B tube light 2016-04-27
- How to install LED Tube ----installation of led tube and wiring instr...2016-03-29
- You Should Know These! The Newest LED Tubes Standard2016-03-19
- The common certification of LED lamp2016-03-01
- 10 methods tell you how to choose dim LED lamps2016-02-27
- The knowledge of led panel light2016-01-12
Sign up for our newsletter to
get the latest updates and
LED Surface Texture
According to Snell’s Law, LEDs luminous efficiency depends on either internal quantum efficiency or light extraction efficiency of each component in one LEDs device, among which LED grain efficiency is the most important direct factor. Total Internal Reflection(TIR) has become the main problem to be solved.
The most common way to solve TIR problem is to change geometrical shape of LED grain. Osram has applied this technique in silicon carbide substrate system, which resulted in improvement on light transmittance.
Nowadays one core technique to solve TIR issue is surface texturing. By means of modulation for LED grain geometrical surface, light refracting angle should be changed. Surface texturing processing is dedicate to altering the beam angle of light that meets the law of TIR.
And now Wet Etching is one of the methods that has been adopted as the key of realizing surface texturing.