- The knowledge about type A and type B tube light 2016-04-27
- How to install LED Tube ----installation of led tube and wiring instr...2016-03-29
- You Should Know These! The Newest LED Tubes Standard2016-03-19
- The common certification of LED lamp2016-03-01
- 10 methods tell you how to choose dim LED lamps2016-02-27
- The knowledge of led panel light2016-01-12
Sign up for our newsletter to
get the latest updates and
LED and Static Electricity
Static electricity is one kind of electrical charge that can move slowly in space, which is characterized by electrical stability. Compared with electric field, the magnetic effect static electricity generates is negligible and ignoring. However, electrostatic phenomenon might have great impact on LEDs performance.
Suppose LEDs passed inspection and were up to standards before delivery, yet dimming and dead lamp have occurred in the course of working. It can be approximately diagnosed as electrostatic discharge damage, the course of which is very complicated. Usually, there exists such influences when LEDs are broken down:
1) Static electricity is able to trap dust so as to shorten LEDs lifespan.
2) Electrostatic discharge will lead to the damage of LEDs components.
3) Electrostatic magnetic effect could produce heat as to affect LEDs interior structure.